Update 62 was released between March 6 and March 9, 2018. It was a large update, which included the Polar Biome, Gold Veins, Crowns, Dyes, Bear Skin, Cistern, Shallow and Deep Wells, as well as a rebalance of food.
Changes Made[edit | edit source]
- Added Polar Biome with negative ground heat. Added Stone, White Pine Tree and Big Hard Rock to Polar Biome.
- Removed White Pine Tree from Grasslands
- Rabbit Fur Shall renamed to Rabbit Fur Shawl
- Gave Pine Door R-value so that opening/closing them has an effect on heat.
- Yew Tree without branch can now be chopped with Steel Axe.
- Allowed Wool Booty to be held in hand.
- Food bonus reduced from +3 to +2.
- Domestic Gooseberry Bush produces fewer berries (six down from eight). Now produces same amount of food as wild. (6 berries worth 3 food + 2 new eating bonus, for 30 food total).
- A Bowl of Dough now makes three Pie Crusts. "Water spent making pies now produces more extra food than water spent farming more raw crops." (--Jason Rohrer, patch notes)
- Rebalanced food value of pies.
- Compost now produces 2 Baskets of Soil, "enabling a fragile sustainable cycle for a diverse farm with carrots, wheat, and berries. Wheat consumes one soil but potentially produces 2 through compost, carrots consume soil slowly over time to produce seeds (and also participate in compost), berries consume no soil long term, but also participate in compost." (--Jason Rohrer, patch notes)
- Carrots go to seed in 5 minutes instead of 10. Seeding carrots now consume fertile soil, decaying to bare ground instead of tilled row. Sheep no longer eat seeding carrot rows.
- Moved NudityMod instructions out of data folder so that it's not included with main distribution.
- Removed a bunch of ways to get scrap steel
- Fixed so that you can set down a cool crucible out of Wooden Tongs.
- Can now skin dead Grizzly Bear