Lock and Key
Lock and Keys are used to restrict access to containers and rooms. A Key can be used to unlock locks, provided it is of the same type as the lock used. The type of key can be seen as a letter e.g. "Key - A" or "Key - B".
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Create a Lock Blank by using a chisel on a Steel Ingot then hitting with a Smithing Hammer. (It can be scrapped by placing in a Clay Bowl).
- Create Lock and Key Parts by using a chisel on a Steel Blade Blank and hitting with a Smithing Hammer.
- Combine Lock Blank with Lock and Key Parts to get Lock and Key Blank. (It can be scrapped by placing in a Clay Bowl).
- A Lock and Key Blank can be assigned a letter using a Steel File to get Lock and Key. The type of key made is displayed in the name e.g. "Lock and Key - A" or "Key - ?".
Changing Letters[edit | edit source]
Using a Smithing Hammer on a Lock and Key returns it to Lock and Key Blank. (Need to confirm)
Locking Items[edit | edit source]
Using Lock and Key on either Wooden Door, Wooden Chest, or Signs will place the lock and return the Key. That object can then be unlocked using a key of the same type as the lock used. Closing a door or chest with a lock will automatically lock it. So try not to get locked in a room without a key, or lock the key in the chest which it unlocks.
Removing Locks[edit | edit source]
Using a Steel File on a Key will create Lock Removal Key. Which can be used to remove a lock of the same type as the key, returning the Lock and Key.
Note: Removing a lock from a sign is the same as unlocking it, and does not need a lock removal key.
Duplicating Keys[edit | edit source]
Duplicating Locks[edit | edit source]
Info[edit | edit source]
- Added in v.79
- The raw object name of lock and keys, as seen in the update log and on onetech include a "$10". E.g. "Lock and Key $10" is the raw object name given for a lock and key that has been assigned a letter (the $10 is the placeholder for the letter).
- Prior to v.162, it was possible to obtain a Key which was labeled with a question mark. This occurred after a server reset, when all keys and locks got set to "Key - ?". It could also be duplicated.