These are some of the known commands that are entered into the speech box to cause various actions.
Speech Commands[edit | edit source]
Pressing <enter> will open a speech box into which messages can be typed. Pressing <enter> again will display the message above your character's head, or close an empty speech box.
See also: Communication
(See Name for full description)
(See Name for full description)
(See Curse for full description)
(See Property Fence for full description)
Slash Commands[edit | edit source]
Typing the </> key into the speech box followed by various commands, as listed below will cause different results. Slash commands are not affected by the usual age-restricted character length.
|/||Clears search function|
|/X||X being the name of a recipe you want to appear in the bottom hand corner of the HUD (See 1.)|
|/DIE||Instantly die during first 2 minutes of life (See 2.)|
|/PING ||Pings the server and displays the round-trip time in milliseconds|
|/FPS||Toggles a count of the current frames per second|
|/DISCONNECT||Disconnects from the game|
- Holding an item in game will make a set of related recipes appear in the bottom right corner of the game interface. These can be scrolled through using tab, and z+tab to go back. Ctrl+tab makes bigger page jumps. Furthermore, if you enter </> into the speech box, followed by an item name, e.g. "/Rope", it will only show recipes used to craft that item. Otherwise it will show "Not Relevant". Entering "/" will clear the search function again.
- In the first two minutes of life, it is possible to instantly die by typing "/DIE" into the speech box. This will give reason of death as "Sudden Infant Death" and leave behind Baby Bones. It also adds that family to your temporary skip list. Once you've skipped through all families, and there are none left to try, your skip list clears, and you go back to being born through all the same families again. If you have been picked up at least once, then it will reset the birth timer for the mother. This command allows a player to choose what kind of life they want to live, without penalizing the fertility of the mother and without having to wait 1 minute until they can jump from their mother's arms. Using "/DIE" triggers a lineage ban/area ban.
Emote Commands[edit | edit source]
Emotes change the expression on your character's face, and can be activated by typing the </> key followed by various options. Some emotes are hidden by a character's hair type. Emote commands are not affected by the usual age-restricted character length.
Note: The "/HUBBA" emote is animated. Emotes "/ILL" and "/YOOHOO" make a sound.
History[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Steam Release, Shift + tab was used to view previous pages in the recipe index. As this conflicts with Steam's interface, it was changed to z + tab.
- v.184 - "/FPS" and "/PING" commands added
- Version ? - You don't have to be held to use the /DIE command. Also increased from first one minute, to first two minutes of life.
- v.210 - Seven new emotes added: "/ILL", "/SHOCK", "/HUBBA", "/HMPH", "/LOVE", "/YOOHOO" and "/OREALLY".
- v.236 - "/DIE" no longer triggers a lineage ban, but instead adds that family to your temporary skip list. You only become Eve if there are actually no available mothers around to have you.
- v.239 - The lineage/area ban on "/DIE" is back. 
- v.240 - New "/DISCONNECT" command added in client for testing.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jason Rohrer. OHOL Forums: "Update: Yuletide Together", 21 December 2018. Retrieved on 21 December 2018.
- GitHub change log, Retrieved on 17 June 2019.
- Jason Rohrer, OHOL Forums, "Update: Precious Life", 8 June 2019. Retrieved on 10 June 2019.
- Jason Rohrer, OHOL Forums, "Update: Clutter Be Gone", 30 May 2019. Retrieved on 30 December 2019.