Causes of Death
|This article is a stub. You can help One Hour One Life Wiki by .|
The Cause of Death of a character appears after their death, and is visible on their Family Trees, which can be accessed on the game's main menu and at the top of the official OHOL website. There are many ways a player's character can die in the game, the most likely being starvation, while probably the most esteemed is Old Age. A murdered character's bones will appear bloody for 5 minutes.
|Starvation||Starved||Hunger reaches less than zero|
|Sudden Infant Death||Sudden Infant Death||Infant player typed "/die"|
|Murder (from a Weapon)||
Will show "Murdered" in the family tree, until the murderer dies after which the message shown will be: "Killed by (Player Name)".
|Wolf||Killed by Wolf|
|Rattle Snake||Killed by Rattle Snake|
|Grizzly Bear||Killed by Hungry Grizzly Bear|
|Wild Boar||Killed by Wild Boar|
|Mosquito Swarm||Killed by Mosquito Swarm||Character is bitten by a Mosquito Swarm too many times|
|Yellow Fever||Killed by Yellow Fever||Death by Starvation while with Yellow Fever|
|Loss of Connection|
|Old Age||Died of Old Age||When a player reaches age 60.|
|The Apocalypse||Note: The current version of The Apocalypse does not necessarily kill players. The old recipe (now named Oddity) which killed all players on a server can still be constructed, but does not trigger an event.|
Unofficial causes[edit | edit source]
- Suicide (A player deliberately starves their character, or throws themselves on a dangerous animal)
- Talking to death (A player is so busy entering text in the speech box they forget to eat)
- Rubberbanding to death (Lag or other issue causes the player to starve)
- Psilocybe Mushroom (A player is unable to identify food due to the effects of the mushroom, and starves, or runs into a deadly animal)
- Dogocalypse (An excess of immortal dogs caused players to be unable to drop items, and caused mass starvation)
- Unknown Weapon (A bug allowing fired arrow note to be used as a weapon without the bow)
- Unknown - various circumstances. One such is from certain versions of the Awbz mod when using the "Instant die", Shift-del command, the client sends a malformed "MOVE" message.